1. Do you know where your parents got engaged? Have they shared a particular story about the event?
2. What were the favorite foods in your family when you were growing up? What constituted a holiday treat? What was considered everyday fare?
3. What were your earliest experiences with loss and death, and how did the adults in your life help you (or not) to understand those losses?
4. What has been the most extreme weather event you’ve experienced?
5. Is (or was) there a particular issue on which you disagree with your parents? How has it been addressed? Was it ever resolved?